Saturday, October 8, 2011

still here

My migraine sort of lingers. I don't have any head pain at the moment but that's because I took a Maxalt earlier (and I guess technically they aren't pain pills. What they do are much more frightening, at least to me. Migraine meds contract the vessels that are expanding which is exactly what causes the pain. Before I knew what I was really dealing with, I always said that it felt as though the my heart was pulsing on one side of my head. The danger of the pills -in my case- is that I become used to certain meds and have to use more and more of them. At their worst, I took 4 pills before they switched medication) but I am tired from the medication and from working all day.

I am also concerned about my son's damn tropical gecko, Archimedes II... He's breathing rather hard and doesn't seem to be eating. I hate the thought that it might not be doing very well. I can't stand the thought that it might be dying but I can't afford a tropical veterinarian either. If anyone has any ideas... (I don't think he looks very good even in the picture... kinda thin)

So I think it's a nice night for a quick post: a favorite picture I took last year sometime around mid-October (another lovely lengthy Autumn!). This is a Cooper's Hawk that lives (or lived) near the river I walk by occasionally. I spotted him eyeing his breakfast as I was walking back to my car. I got several amazing shots as he flew around the yard but this one was my header last fall:
He was an amazing looking bird. Hope you have a lovely Saturday. 

5 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better - the gecko too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe gecko is getting ready to shed his skin? Do lizards do that? Hope you both feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Danette. I love your new header photo. When I was actively using my blogspot blog I kept changing pictures and found a gorgeous autumn one. This one is stunning!

    Sorry about your migraine. Fortunately, I've never had one, but my youngest daughter sometimes does, and also one of my best friends. They sound gruesome. I hope you'll get over it soon, and the gecko feels better. You need to enjoy the beautiful scenery you've pictured here!
    Ann Best, Author of In the Mirror, A Memoir of Shattered Secrets

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi all! Feeling a little better and the gecko looks a bit better. I think he might be too cold so we're keeping the light on longer than we were. It's just tough to keep the humidity at the right levels here in this dry climate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your migraine goes away - and what a lovely gecko. Hope it recovers soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please know that any feedback, positive or negative, is appreciated.

(Rudeness, nastiness or spam of any kind is subject to deletion by the owner of the blog.)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...