It's emergency hospital visits, watchfully sitting by her unconscious bed.
Phone calls: of an emotional young woman who is tired of roller coaster of feelings
trashing her room
"I hate this. Why do I have to be the crazy one?"
Angry, inexplicable fights with her older sister
"I love you SOO much, Mom!"
"I'm cleaning the whole house today!"
According to the DSM-5, 5 of 8 of these characterize her as Borderline Personality Disorder. I've seen all 9. At least 8.
1) frantic efforts to avoid real or imagined abandonment.
a pattern of unstable and intense interpersonal relationships
characterized by alternating between extremes of idealization and
(3) identity disturbance: markedly and persistently unstable self image or sense of self
(4) impulsivity in at least two areas that are potentially self-damaging (e.g., spending, sex, substance abuse, reckless driving, binge eating)
(5) recurrent suicidal behavior, gestures, or threats, or self-mutilating behavior
affective instability due to a marked reactivity of mood (e.g.,
intense episodic dysphoria, irritability, or anxiety usually lasting a
few hours and only rarely more than a few days)
(7) chronic feelings of emptiness
(8) inappropriate, intense anger or difficulty controlling anger (e.g., frequent displays of temper, constant anger, recurrent physical fights)
(9) transient, stress-related paranoid ideation or severe dissociative symptoms
Seemingly mundane events may trigger symptoms. For example, people with
borderline personality disorder may feel angry and distressed over minor
separations—such as vacations, business trips, or sudden changes of
plans—from people to whom they feel close. Studies show that people with
this disorder may see anger in an emotionally neutral face5 and have a stronger reaction to words with negative meanings than people who do not have the disorder.6
It's her but it's not her. She's says she was lost to me a long time ago. She is wrong.
So the government
shuts down and hundreds of thousands of federal employees go without a
paycheck? Republicans are full of it and I'm tired of it but if they are
going to shut the government down then I say they shouldn't get paid
(See the full post for the whole info on the petition)