Monday, June 11, 2012

Writer's cramp...

I am in the last stretch of my project (which has been a LONG time in the making) and I am happy about heading into the finish line. I have my sights on what I want to say, how I want it to look, what the ending should look like but I find the words seem to fail me as I go to put it on paper. It's so frustrating (to say the least!!). It's times like these that I find the words of Hemingway comforting...
There is no rule on how to write. Sometimes it comes easily and perfectly; sometimes it's like drilling rock and then blasting it out with charges. -Ernest Hemingway
In the meantime, I've done some editing on my pictures, experimenting with the wildflowers (and a flower that Mo recently planted) that have colored my world. Hope they do the same for you!
Her body calculated to a millimeter to suggest a bud yet guarantee a flower. -F. Scott Fitzgerald
 All flowers in time bend towards the sun, I know you say there's no one for you, But here is one. -Jeff Buckley
 "And the heart that is soonest awake to the flowers is always the first to be touch'd by the thorns." -Thomas Moore
 Art is the unceasing effort to compete with the beauty of flowers - and never succeeding. -Gian Carlo Menotti


"All good writing is swimming under water and holding your breath."  -F. Scott Fitzgerald

14 comments:

  1. Such pretty flowers coupled with such great prose. Thanks Danette for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael. I love taking pictures of flowers (and animals) and am actually on the hunt for a rare one that lives here in the National Rocky Park by Estes.

      Delete
  2. lovely flower shots....so nice you are on the "home stretch"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Delores! I just wish the homestretch didn't seem as long as the Tour de France!

      Delete
  3. Words will come. When I get stuck like that, I set it aside and let it ferment a while in the subconscious. Something emerges eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that quote about no rules to writing. Yay on you in the final stretch. Your photos are stunning. Really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hemingway . . ? Ewwwww . . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, pretty flowers indeed. And I love that Jeff Buckley quote. Very sweet. Good luck with your writing, don't worry - relax and let the words come to you. *clink clink* Hope you are doing well, my friend! xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am no collector but sometimes when I look at plants, and flowers especially I can't help but wonder if perhaps I am missing out by not knowing their proper names.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know the feeling of having an awesome idea of where you want your story to go, but not being able to get the words the way you imagined them. Other times it's like you know you can do better, but you're just writing words so you can get something on the screen.

    I always remind myself I can revise and improve later ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with your writing!

    And those flowers are just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you hit an easy patch with your writing soon, but in the meantime, I'm loving your pictures. Those flowers are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that Hemingway quote!! And the photos are gorgeous. Feel like I just walked through a garden. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please know that any feedback, positive or negative, is appreciated.

(Rudeness, nastiness or spam of any kind is subject to deletion by the owner of the blog.)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...